General Information


Home maintenance
 Do you know which builder built your home? Do you know the make and color of your shingles?
If you own a Senate home:
Siding, Windows, Doors, Shutters and Screens
Revere Building Products
Community Trash Service
Attached is the 2014 Yard Waste schedule and guidelines. Please read over it to ensure you are placing the appropriate items out for collection. Per Carroll County regulations, CCWS cannot take yard waste that does not meet these requirements nor can they return to take yard waste if residents forget to place it out.  Please communicate this with your neighbors.
Also, the trash company does send out reminders the day before each yard waste pick up.  If residents would like to add their email addresses to that reminder list, please email them at and they will add you to the list.
Thank you for signing up for CCWS yard waste collection for the 2014 season. Because yard waste cannot be included with trash taken to the Carroll County Landfill, we are pleased to offer this separate service for our residential customers. After collection, residential yard waste is taken to an area of the landfill where it is mulched and then recycled.
Please look over the following guidelines carefully.  If you have additional questions, please call our office at 410-795-2595 or email us at
 Collection Guidelines:
  • Leaves and grass must be placed in PAPER yard waste bags (available from local retailers), weighing no more than forty pounds each.  We cannot take any yard waste in plastic bags.
  • Leaves and grass may be placed in cans/toters that can be easily dumped into our trucks. 
  • Sticks, twigs, branches, and vines must be bagged or bundled and tied with string.
  • Branches and limbs cannot be larger than three inches in diameter and four-and-a-half feet long.
  • We suggest placing yard waste out on Thursday night as we begin collection very early on Friday mornings. 
The following items CANNOT be collected with yard waste and will not be taken:
  • Soil                                                     
  • Lumber                                               
  • Wood chips or mulch
  • Animal Waste
  • Plastic or other non-biodegradable packaging
*If you would like to receive an email reminder before each yard waste collection Friday, please provide your email address for addition to our yard waste email list,  Thank you.
Download the 2014 Yard Waste Collection Schedule
Click the following link to learn more about the community trash program Community Trash Service
Mailbox maintenance
 Is your mailbox in need of repair/replacement? As of 7/10/06 the slatted mailboxes are no longer mandatory, and plain, white, round-topped “rural” mailboxes may be used in Edgewood. If you change mailboxes to a “rural” type mailbox you need to submit an Architectural Review Request.
If you want the slated mailbox contact The Mailbox Man (Ken) at 800-776-2450. You can also email him at and order any of the following.  Mailbox Man website
Mailbox Styles
Style #100: To replace whole unit in wood like it is, however there are now numbers on both sides would be $100
Style #200: To replace just the top only in wood like it is now would be $50
Style #300: To replace the whole thing in the no maintenance pvc material with numbers on both sides would be $200 (up until 5/31/07 you can get it for $175) 
Style #400: To replace the top only in the no maintenance pvc material would be $75.
If you want to get a replacement mailbox the following are approved and are available at both Home Depot and Lowe’s at the price of $9.53. Models are
Lowe’s: PostMaster Patrio, Steel, White
Home Depot: Elite White Steel
Speeding in the Neighborhood
 Call The State Police: 410-386-3012
Call Major Tom Long and request the speed trailer – 410-386-2305
Call the Road Engineer for Carroll County: Chris Letnaunchyn – 410-386-2157 or email him at
Call the Carroll County Sheriff: 410-386-2900
Email Doug Howard (Commissioner) at  
Email Debra Butler-Supervisor of Carroll County Roads at